Saturday, October 9, 2010

Pumpkin Cupcakes with Nutella Frosting

Want to know how to speed up your life?  Have a child.  It's like putting life into fast forward.  Want to know how to make it go even faster?  Have a second one.  Right now life is moving so fast I can barely keep up.  It feels like just last week that I was bringing home our new baby daughter .  But it has been almost four months.  Maternity leave ended this week, and I headed in to work fairly convinced that they would send me home, chuckling that I had gotten the date wrong.  It can't possible be October.  I'm still hangin' out in August!  

I decided I needed to cook something to get me in the fall spirit.  Nothing says October like pumpkin.  And anything with Nutella in it just has to be good.  It was a yummy combo, and definitely helped me catch up to the current season!    

    
Cupcake batter:
2 1/2 Cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/3 teaspoon salt
1 14.5 oz can of plain pumpkin
3/4 Cup vegetable oil
3/4 Cup sugar
3/4 Cup brown sugar loosely packed
3 Tablespoons milk
2 eggs


Frosting:
6 oz. cream cheese
1/2 Cup Nutella
1/4-1/2 Cup powdered sugar


For the cupcakes:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease muffin tins or line with paper baking cups.  In a medium bowl, mix pumpkin, oil, sugar, eggs and milk.  In a separate bowl mix flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.  Fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients until mixed.  Spoon batter into cupcake pan.  For a special treat you can add a teaspoon of Nutella to the center of each cupcake and cover with a little more batter.  Place in the oven and bake for 22-24 minutes.  Yields 18-24 cupcakes.   

For the frosting:
Mix together cream cheese and Nutella with an electric mixer.  Slowly add powdered sugar until frosting reaches your desired consistency.  Wait for cupcakes to completely cool before frosting. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails