Thursday, February 24, 2011

Pasta and Veggies with Rosemary

Okay, what just happened?  Oh yeah, I had a second baby, went back to work full-time, and adopted a dog.  Guess what took a back seat?  Blogging, right..along with just about every other non-essential thing I usually enjoy doing.  Things come up and I ask myself, "Is this going to take more than 10 minutes?"  If the answer is yes, I'll usually pass.  That's okay, I wouldn't trade it.  But, I have had to scale back a lot of things, including time-consuming cooking projects.  The other night I threw this together last minute and we really enjoyed it.  It was quick, easy, and super tasty...just my style right now. 

1/2 an eggplant, salted, drained, and then cubed in 1/2" pieces
1 zucchini, diced
1 tomato, diced
10-15 black olives, sliced
1 bunch spinach, chard, or other greens
3 Tablespoons good quality olive oil
2-3 cloves garlic
1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper
1/2 pound pasta, any shape

Cook pasta according to package directions.  In a frying pan, saute garlic gently in olive oil for 1-2 minutes.  Add eggplant and zucchini and stir occasionally 2-3 minutes.  Add spinach or greens and stir occasionally until tender.  Add remaining ingredients until well mixed.  Season with salt, pepper, and Parmesan cheese to taste. 

NOTE: Salting and draining the eggplant will keep it from absorbing all the oil when you put it into the frying pan, so don't be tempted to skip this step.  It really does make a difference. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails