Thursday, November 25, 2010

Sweet Potato and Zucchini Bread


Today I am thankful for my wonderful husband and my beautiful daughters.  You inspire me and fill me with love.  Sometimes I wish I could freeze time and stay in any one of those amazing moments I have with you all.  But then I remember that life moving forward means even more of those moments.  Love you three! 

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do.  It makes a great day after Thanksgiving morning treat. 

Adapted slightly from Bon Apetit
Makes 1 large loaf or 2 smaller loaves

2 Cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 Cups sugar
3/4 Cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 Cups grated zucchini
1 1/2 Cups grated peeled sweet potato
1 Cup chopped walnuts, toasted

Preparation
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray loaf pan(s) with non-stick spray.  Stir together first five ingredients into medium bowl.  Beat sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla to blend in large bowl.  Mix in zucchini and sweet potato.  Add dry ingredients and walnuts and stir well. 

Transfer batter to prepared pan(s).  Bake until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 45 minutes-1 hour for a large loaf or 30-40 minutes for smaller loaves.  Cool in pan on rack 15 minutes.  Cut around bread to loosen.  Turn out onto rack and cool completely.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails